3.01.2007

2 reasons why I've been taking showers lately

First thanks goes to the evangelical Christians. My campsite,
selected for being near town but secluded from the road, had a shower
all along-- a makeshift water collection type thing. But I didn't
know until these folks rented the trailer I'd been camping behind for
the Presidents' Day weekend-- they showed me.

The second thanks goes to Bernie, ex NYC fire fighter and current
restaurant owner, who let me stay at his friend's awesome house in
Vieques. I sailed over there with some folks I'd met some of whom
were visiting him, thought I was going to be camping, and he invited
me to stay at this awesome house he was looking after for a friend.
Dude is also the kind of New Yorker who doesn't let you pay for
anything when you're out with him. He was an extremely generous and
gracious host. So, if you're in Queens out near JFK, look up the
Harbor Light restaurant and go eat there with a bunch of friends.

They suggested I shave the beard to not look intimidating while I'm
traveling or looking for rides, so I'm gonna do that soon.