3.22.2007

Rip mix burn

I just realized that since I'm traveling with a laptop I can do
something that I've never done before while traveling: rip music from
practically anybody who has music I like.

*So* much reggaeton. And at karaoke night I could get reggaeton
instrumentals. The only problem is I feel like a jerk walking
through the campsite with my laptop. Also, I'd have to delete a ton
of stuff to make room. But I guess I've got to do it before I leave
here.

I usually look for a ride to the beach, instead of paying the $2 for
a taxi van. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 50/50,
ish. Today, seconds after I wondering if I'll get a ride, this VW
van rumbles around the corner, part of a convoy that appeared on the
island days ago. Grinning like an idiot I stick my thumb out, they
slow down and I jump through the already open side door the way you'd
jump into a helicopter in a Vietnam movie. The music (what but
reggaeton?) was exceptional, and included the Spanish "I wanna love
you" that had eluded me on the internet.

I have got to rip their music. Saw a big battery and an inverter on
the floor of the van too, so maybe they can "cosponsor" of the beach
dance party I want to have happen.