4.05.2007

Going to Haiti

I'm taking the bus(es) to Haiti for a few days with a friend of
Johanna. He seems like a very good person to travel to Haiti with.

Being in the DR has been great but leaving is too. I've descended
from highly self-sufficient camping to mom's house getting pampered.
This felt good to soak up for a few days, but it's taking a spiritual
toll, so it's good we're moving. I was also starting to get
preoccupied with the girls here, which was silly.

I'll be back here to meet the boat, so it's not goodbye yet.

The food, environment, and nuances of daily life here are so great
that I wish I could dedicate more time to getting into them. But
since most of you know me very well, and trust my recommendations,
just take this to heart: The DR has my total unqualified stamp of
approval as an excellent place to live for 3-12 months. Anybody who
goes south in the winter (T-dog), who telecommutes, or who wants to
learn Spanish should come here within 2 years. And talk Johanna into
coming with you.