6.25.2007

Norfloxacin

After traveling for a while in places with sketchy water and food
safety, I let my guard up and got got by Venezuela. So last night I
was like "ah ha I can eat whatever I want because tomorrow I'm taking
Cipro, motherfuckers!" and drank beer and ate street meat sticks and
stopped at a by-the-kilo ice cream sundae buffet.

Then I opted to just take the even more bacterially homocidal
Norfloxacin because it came with instructions (Cipro was way cheaper
but required waiting for a morning trip to the internet to look up
dosage info).

I also got my laptop power supply fixed today, but it doesn't help
much because Brazilian internet providers seem to use PPOE (that
bullshit where you need a password to connect on a broadband
connection and nobody remembers it after entering it the first time
ages ago) so connecting at the hostel is difficult.

Stomach feels pretty good today. Yay for hi-tech antibiotics bought
without needing to visit a doctor.

There should be an exam or something you can take in the US where if
you know enough about medicine and interpreting reference material you
can just buy certain prescription drugs.