6.03.2007

Seasickness is real

So I'm still in Trinidad. Yesterday we set out really early but had
to come back due to technical difficulties. We've had a bunch of
repairs on the propeller system made in Trinidad and some of them
weren't done exactly right, or caused other problems.

Yesterday we stared really early, and I went out with some folks I'd
met here the night before. Started with karaoke and ended up going
to a club. The dj-ing at the club was just throwing together a bunch
of hits back to back-- nothing that creative. But since Trinidad has
the best shared body of pop music in the world, it was a really good
set.

So seasickness probably happened because my stomach was f'ed from
drinking so much the night before and I was really tired. And coming
out of the DR it was much easier for me to ease my way into things,
since I basically had less responsibilities. Also, the German/Slovak
couple got really sea sick, and so that effected me psychologically.

Wikipedia says that seasickness happens because your brain sees a
conflict between input from your inner ear and eyes, believes your
inner ear, assumes you're hallucinating, and then decides you've been
poisoned, to which the only solution is blargh! They said normally
vomiting doesn't stop the nausea in the case of seasickness, but for
me I felt like a million bucks afterwards, though it kicked up again
a bit later.