2.20.2007

Still in Margaritaville

So... the guy I was going to sail with found a girl to sail with ("no
gas, no ass, no grass, no ride" says Nick) but there's some English
guy who said he could use somebody along for the trip, so I should
still be able to get to St. Thomas. Then there's the weather issue.
Kinda wavey out there for the boats (and a bit rainy for us in tents).

This island is totally Margaritaville. Last week at the local
karaoke night I endeared myself to a bunch of puerto rican ladies by
singing "My Way" in Spanish ("a mi manera"). But I find out that, a
few weeks ago, in attendance at karaoke night was Jimmy Buffet
himself. A friend of mine was there. She got dragged into karaoke,
and was butchering (by her standards anyway) some song with her son.
Then she realizes the guy standing behind her was Jimmy Buffet. By
that time some drunk guys were singing Margaritaville.

Two things. First, this island is totally Margaritaville, and I'm
totally here for another week.

Second, if I had been singing in a karaoke bar with Jimmy Buffet, I
would not be returning home the same person. What a mind explosion.